Let’s be honest. I should consider eating a vegetable other than cheese popcorn sometime soon. Is quinoa a vegetable? In December, it’s close enough for me. Oh, but wait, this quinoa dish from my friend Anne over at ASquared actually does contain a vegetable – squash!! Oh, and pesto, which definitely contains basil, which is a vegetable-lite and pine nuts, which are a…legume, which is just a fancy word for almost a vegetable. Oh, and dried cranberries, the best of all dried fruits. Anyhow, this dish looks extremely satisfying, and kudos to Anne for inventing this bowl of awesome. Hi to you and the fam, Anne!
Herb-Roasted Squash with Quinoa & Cranberries
- 2 small squash like acorn, sweet dumpling and/or delicata squash, seeds and membranes scooped out
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced *Anne likes cippolini or Vidalia onions
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup prepared sage pesto *Anne’s recipe is here
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
For the rest of the recipe with instructions, visit Anne over at ASquared.