I made it halfway through December without missing a day of blogging. I feel like this is a true accomplishment (pats own back). So today I’ve got something sweet and something savory. First up are these little beauties:
Pecan Pie Cookies:
- 1 prepared single pie crust (homemade or purchased, I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chip for decorating
For the rest of the instructions and full recipe, please visit Spend with Pennies.
Images courtesy of Spend with Pennies.
Next up are these bad boys:
Sweet and Savory Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Straws
- 1 package frozen puff pastry,
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded (or a mix of your favorite cheeses)
- 26-30 pieces thin cut bacon (or 18 pieces of thin cut bacon sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced (may sub sage or thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the rest of the instructions and full recipe, please visit Half Baked Harvest.
Images courtesy of Half Baked Harvest.