Hey there, party peeps! I know, I know, I’ve missed a couple days of blogging. I am starting the full-on holidaze, and this week was the Superbowl of my holiday social outings. There’s been hardly any time for anything except, let’s face it, a veritable liquor store’s worth of booze floating around in my liver.
So, while I lounge on the couch watching “Bridget Jones’s Diary: The Edge of Reason,” I’m going to hit you up with a few quicker recipes today, so that I can get back to doing what this season is all about – sneaking a flask of peppermint bark vodka into Zoo Lights for your hot cocoa.
This recipe is brought to you by the one, the only, Chopping Block, Chicago’s best place to get your culinary genius on. If you haven’t heard of the Chopping Block, just go and take a class!
With no further ado, here is their most excellent looking Sticky Toffee Pudding:
Sticky Toffee Pudding
For the cake:
- 12 ounces dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick softened butter, cut into pieces
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the butterscotch sauce:
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extracr
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to medium peaks, for garnish
For the rest of the instructions and full recipe, please visit The Chopping Block’s Chopping Blog (so adorable).