From the girl who loves Pinterest, but sorta hates doing crafts about 30 seconds into making a craft, comes the Halloween Orange Jack-O’-Lantern. This could not be easier, takes a total of maybe 5 minutes, and the results are adorable. I mean, look at that little guy – so cute! I think they would be perfect for a Halloween party, or lining the steps of your house for trick or treaters.
I have to give credit to my cousin, who had made Orange Jack-O’-Lanterns with her sons for a fall camping trip. They were so cute, all little and glowing. She mentioned they were super easy, so I decided to see if I could recreate the results at home. Turns out, I could, easily!
Here are the step-by-steps to get your own sweet little Halloween Orange Jack-O’-Lantern.
Halloween Orange Jack-O’-Lantern
You will need:
- Oranges (look for large ones)
- Metal spoon (a serving or tablespoon works well)
- Small knife or pumpkin carving tools
- Tea light candles
- Being by cutting a small, round circle in the top of your orange. It should be big enough to get a spoon into, not much larger. Remove the circle, cut off the orange flesh and save as the lid.
- Begin scooping the flesh of the orange out. This will be slightly difficult at first, but keep working until the flesh begins to peel away the way an orange normally would. You can put the orange guts in a bowl and eat as you go along.
- Once your orange is all clean inside, make your design and carve with a knife or pumpkin carving tool.
- Place a tea light inside your orange, replace orange’s lid.
- Light candle and enjoy the cuteness!