There’s really nothing I love more than a meat sundae. You know, a base like mashed potatoes or polenta, and a meat sauce piled high on top. This recipe for Beef Ragu from another amazing Chicagogrammer, Hyam, of My Midwest Kitchen, is going to the very top of my winter comfort foods to-make list!! You should definitely click on the link to her blog at the end of this post to read her super cute memories of beef ragu hailing from Beauty and the Beast!
- 2 – 2.5 lb beef chuck (organic preferred)
- 1 white onion – quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 carrot – diced
- 2 stalks celery – diced
- 6 garlic cloves – minced
- 3 roma tomatoes – deseeded and chopped
- 1 small can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the rest of the recipe with full instructions, please visit Hyam at My Midwest Kitchen!