It’s almost Christmas, so let’s bring on the appetizers!! Today we have Kathryn, a Chicagogrammer and blogger at Foodie Girl Chicago. Her blog is FILLED with amazing eats and gorgeous pictures. It’s hard to narrow down to just one recipe, but I do LOVE caramelized onions, so this dip squeaked by the Rose Sangria (which also looks FANTASTIC, btw!).
Caramelized Onion Dip
- 1 large onion, vertically sliced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp sherry, divided
- 1⅓ cups plain lowfat greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup whipped cream cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white (or black) ground pepper
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sourdough baguette
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc)
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the full recipe with instructions, be sure to visit Kathryn at Foodie Girl Chicago!