I love my microwave. It’s a source of things made in a hurry, or things made when you’re in a hurry while you’re drunk, which is probably the reason why the inside of my microwave looks so horrendous. Anyhow, the microwave is a real time saver, and around the holidays, there always seems to be a time shortage. You can whip up a batch of this fudge from Taste of Home in just 15 minutes, although I don’t recommend doing so after a few holiday cocktails – not that it’s not easy enough, it’s just that involves a whole can of chocolate frosting, and I can’t be trusted around that sort of thing when my inhibitions are down.
No need to get out your candy thermometer (or order one on Amazon), this fudge is as easy as pressing buttons on microwave.
Microwave Marshmallow Fudge
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a microwave, melt frosting and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Transfer to prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.