Since there is no threesome I’d rather eat more of than Velveeta, butter and corn, I’m bringing you this honored Thanksgiving family favorite. Corn casserole showed up as a regular item on our Thanksgiving menu a few years ago when my Aunt Deb unexpectedly made this dish. Everyone loved it, and it really is a marvel of simplicity and waistline expansion.
This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients, and 2 of those are just different types of canned corn. I’ve seen this made in a casserole dish or in a crockpot. Either way, the end result is always delicious. If you’re looking for something super easy that everyone will enjoy, look no further than Corn Casserole.
- 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni (you can also use broken spaghetti or any small pasta)
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese (feel free to throw in just a little bit more :)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- In bowl, combine both corns. Add macaroni, cheese and margarine; mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2 qt casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.