I missed the 19th because I was at Lincoln Park Zoo, drinking hot cocoa with some most excellent marshmallow vodka. Whoops.
Here are today’s recipes for ya!
First off, we have Grasshopper Cake, a recipe my Aunt Sally used to make for my cousin Jon, who’s birthday is on Christmas. The funny thing about this cake is that we literally couldn’t keep it on our plates, and not because we’d eat it too fast (we did that, too) – I think it’s a bit top-heavy, so it jumps off the plate, you know, like a grasshopper.
I’m not sure if this is the exact recipe, but it looks very close:
For the cake:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix with pudding in the mix
- 1-1/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 4 oz. Creme de Menthe (liqueur or syrup)
For the topping:
- 1 16-oz. jar hot fudge topping
- 1 8-oz. container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 oz. Creme de Menthe
- chopped Andes Mints for garnish, optional
For the rest of the instructions and full recipe, please visit A Farmgirl’s Dabbles.
Photos courtesy of A Farmgirl’s Dabbles.
Next up we have Mini Tortilla Pizzas. I think I’ve told you about my love of mini meals, right? Ok, yep. So these are mini pizzas, made with torillas in a muffin tin. Yay!
Easy Mini Tortilla Pizzas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup pizza or pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or basil, optional
For the rest of the instructions and full recipe, please visit The Comfort of Cooking.
Images courtesy of The Comfort of Cooking.